Moderator Aplication

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Moderator Aplication

Post  Odyssey_love on Tue 28 Jan - 15:48:38

Hi, my name is Kylie Smith. Im a 16 year old girl living in Indiana. I have been playing on your server for quite a bit now, and have enjoyed the time throughly. The players and admins I have met so far have been very friendly and helpful, but I have noticed a lack of staff on the server at certain times. Many players (myself and my partner included) have noticed glitches, mod difficulties, and other items that require an Admin's or a Moderator's attention. I believe that I fit the criteria needed for a position on your staff. Not only do I enjoy your server, but I want to help its development and community. Myself, I am very active on the server, my partner Slayer68 can contest to this, as I spend many hours a day on the server. Weekends even more so. At any and all times that I am connected to the server I am contactable and I love to help out other members of the server. One of the more common issues with players is confusion with the mods on the server, of which I have been using for several months and am very familiar with. Along with mod knowledge, I very strictly follow the rules, and try to enforce them when I can.
I thank you for your time and your consideration,
Sincerely,
Kylie Smith

Last edited by Odyssey_love on Wed 29 Jan - 0:47:41; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : -Last post was bad and short.)

Odyssey_love

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moderator Aplication

Post  Yanniclord on Tue 28 Jan - 16:15:01

Odyssey_love wrote:Hello! I am Odyssey_love (In game username )  I am 16 years of age and I would like to apply for moderator, I am very experienced with mod packs and running/moderating servers. I do my best to help others in any way I can. I wish to join your community as a mod because I cant do to much to help out as a "Member" As a moderator I wish to:
A: Help others with the mod pack.
B: Help prevent/repair Grief attacks.
C: Be of use to your entire community.  Very Happy 

Its good to have someone to apply, though here are the points you have to consider:

1: This is to short, i am myself bad writing applications of any form, but this is like a side ad you dont care about, to short.
2: Point A is a good point, cause we need more mod interrested staff, not just bukkit experienced staff, though im not really concerned about point B, prevent and repair Grief attacks, is actually our least problem on the server, what actually have been very little of in the past time now. Its good that you can repair Griefs or prevent them to happen, but what more? We currently maintain 50 Plugins, what of 16 are not used by Admins, as some of them are only for the Server, such as SkylandsPlus+ that doesnt have any commands itself, it only is a generator, and some of them only are plugin fixes, such as AnchoredPortals, that doesnt have any commands at all, or some of them are only for drakkillen, Kallethan or me. You still then need to learn 28 plugins, that can be a pain in the ass at some time.
3: Im sure you will be a use for the community, cant question that, and your there very often a day, not questionable that either, what concerns me is stuff like i cant mention here, what we discussed before, and you know just to good what im talking about :DBut put that aside now.

So in all over, there are the two first reasons here you need to consider fixing for yourself, both this application, and what your experience is. The third point is the only good you have for now. Consider that.

So to give a vote here, it would be Vote ~ (means neutral, but more over to the bad side).

Thats all from me for now, -Yanniclord

Last edited by drakkillen on Fri 31 Jan - 9:59:13; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed number of plugins)
Yanniclord
Admin

Anzahl der Beiträge : 19
Ort : As far as we can see, Milkyway, Solar System, Earth, Norway, Halden, Tistedal, Øberg, Måstadfeltet, Måstadveien 135, My Room, My Chair infront of my PC =D

View user profile http://dnsflowersforums.aktiv-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanniclord on Tue 28 Jan - 16:16:48

Little note: I recommend you really to read my "Proper Rank Application" or the two Admin Applications that are in the section (duh) for Admin Applications. One is from Blade_Black and the other from davedude0. Both wrote two different applications, and both got Admin on the server. Consider informing yourself.
Yanniclord
Admin

Anzahl der Beiträge : 19
Ort : As far as we can see, Milkyway, Solar System, Earth, Norway, Halden, Tistedal, Øberg, Måstadfeltet, Måstadveien 135, My Room, My Chair infront of my PC =D

View user profile http://dnsflowersforums.aktiv-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kallethan on Wed 29 Jan - 17:54:55

Odyssey_love wrote:Hi, my name is Kylie Smith. Im a 16 year old girl living in Indiana. I have been playing on your server for quite a bit now, and have enjoyed the time throughly. The players and admins I have met so far have been very friendly and helpful, but I have noticed a lack of staff on the server at certain times. Many players (myself and my partner included) have noticed glitches, mod difficulties, and other items that require an Admin's or a Moderator's attention.  I believe that I fit the criteria needed for a position on your staff. Not only do I enjoy your server, but I want to help its development and community. Myself, I am very active on the server, my partner Slayer68 can contest to this, as I spend many hours a day on the server. Weekends even more so. At any and all times that I am connected to the server I am contactable and I love to help out other members of the server. One of the more common issues with players is confusion with the mods on the server, of which I have been using for several months and am very familiar with. Along with mod knowledge, I very strictly follow the rules, and try to enforce them when I can.
I thank you for your time and your consideration,
Sincerely,
Kylie Smith

I don't really have that much to say. The application looks good and I see you are very committed to the server in general. I give you my +1.

Kallethan
Admin

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaexides on Wed 29 Jan - 18:53:13

Alright, starting off, I'd like to mention that it's definitely worth following Yanniclord's advice and look up the other applications from the people who actually got their rank via those applications. Their applications are pretty decent, and as said, worked out pretty well for them.

Onwards to your actual application itself, I usually post a lot of stuff here, mostly feedback. Most of that feedback leads to my conclusion. I generally give this feedback to the info from top to bottom respective to your own application.

First of all, it's good that you introduce yourself, but I think you're not really explaining what you excel in. You should ask yourself what would make you useful as a moderator and write it down in such a way you also present it as something that's useful as a moderator.

Though that, it's a good thing you enjoy the server and are willing to help people out, since that's basically what the staff is for.

Your activity is also appreciated in combination with modsmanship (if that counts as a word. If it doesn't, it does now).

I do have to mention, however, that I don't really have the feeling you're that socially active in the chat.

In my opinion, it is very important to be, so that people get to know you and trust you as a moderator. Nothing is scarier than having a stranger being more powerful than you are.

Having knowledge about the mods is a great thing to have. Period. I mean, we're talking about a modpack's official server, right?

Joking aside, yes it's a good thing because of that, but mostly because it will help you with aiding people. That is a thing that is definitely appreciated by most, but not the most necessary thing, since people often know the 101 of the mods we run.

Lastly, just a typography tip from me (this does not count towards the ultimate vote I give), please consider dividing your application in paragraphs.

Currently your text is an entire wall of text, with no clear distinction of where you talk about 'A' and where you talk about 'B'.

Second tip is: Use blank rows. Don't worry, you're not the only one forgetting this, but people generally don't look forward to huge pieces of text (SEE what I did there? Very Happy). But for some reason, blank rows in-between work well for this.

All things in consideration (aside from typography bs), I'm doubting about my vote.

You don't seem to have that much experience or something you really excel in that could be a reason for us to take you in as a staff member.

I don't think you'd specifically make a really bad moderator, but you wouldn't be a great one either, from what I can gather out of your application.

With that said, I currently vote neutral-bad-ish (Let's say, out of -100 to 100, it's a -7).
Zaexides
Admin

Anzahl der Beiträge : 6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top